Friday 8th December 2023
9.30 - 12.00
Saturday 13th January 2024
9.30 - 12.00
Have you wanted to make your own soap but don't know where to start?
In this 2.5 hour workshop you will learn the ins and outs of soap making. You will be walked though the process of cold processed soap making, learn how to handle caustic soda safely and the ins and outs of using essential oils, natural botanicals and colours in your soap.
You will make and create your very own batch of soap under the guidance of an experienced soap maker. All soaps made at the workshop will be scented with essential oils (if you choose to scent your soap) and coloured using only natural colours and botanicals.
What you get?
- Tuition of how to make soap and an instructor to walk you through the process
- Wooden soap mould
- Your own batch of soap to take home that you can cut into 8-9 bars (valued at $64 retail)
- A soap recipe and full instructions
- Tea / coffee and morning tea provided (please advise of any dietary requirements at time of booking)
What do I need to bring to the workshop?
- As we are working with caustic soda please ensure that you wear long sleeve top, pants and closed shoes.
- Please bring a towel to wrap your soap in as your soap will need to be kept warm for 12-24 hours.
- A note book if you would like to take extra notes.
Can I purchase a workshop as a gift?
YES. What a wonderful gift this would make. Put a note with your workshop order at checkout as to who the workshop is for and who is gifting the workshop.
ie - gift for Mary B from your friend Rachel.
Who can attend the workshop?
The workshop is suitable for beginners and is open to all people over the age of 18 years.
It is not suitable for pregnant women.
What if I can't attend the workshop?
If you have booked in for a workshop but can no longer attend please email Valley Soaps at email@example.com
What if the workshop is booked out and I want to attend?
There is a waiting list for cancellations. If you would like to join the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively there will be workshops offered in the future.
Follow Valley Soaps on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date of when the next workshop will be available. Please also join our mailing list.
I have a question which is not answered here.
Please email Valley Soaps via the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THE WORKSHOP IS NOT SUITABLE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN